Staff Members, Coaches and Tumble Instructors
Staff members at South Jersey Storm Allstar Cheer and Dance are dedicated and successful cheerleading, tumbling and dance instructors who are USASF-credentialed and greenlight background checked, as per USASF safety standards.
Rachael Merryfield – Owner, Director of South Jersey Storm
Rachael founded the South Jersey Storm Cheerleading Program in 1997, when she was coaching her younger sister, Jenna (who would later become Rachael’s business partner). Rachael studied Food Marketing at St. Joseph’s University, where she was also a member of their cheerleading team. She then went on to develop a cheer program that started out with just a couple of teams … and has now evolved into a legacy. Based on her “family first” philosophy, Rachael worked diligently to provide a place for all cheerleaders to become part of a special family. By employing like-minded, qualified staff members as coaches and instructors, SJS promotes physical fitness, discipline, leadership, social development and academic excellence through competitive cheerleading experiences.
Jenna Varano – Storm Cheer & Dance Program Director
Jenna first became involved with South Jersey Storm Cheerleading in 1996, at the age of 12, when her oldest sister, Rachael, founded the program. Jenna continued cheering for SJS through high school. Upon graduation from high school, she was awarded an athletic scholarship to cheer at The University of Maryland where she earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Family Studies. During that time, Jenna won 2 National Championships and a Partner Stunt National Championship. Upon college graduation in 2008, Jenna returned home to work by her sisters’ sides at Rastelli Kids Complex. Since then, Jenna has coached several National Championship teams, competed and placed 3rd at the Cheerleading Worlds in the International Division, and transitioned into the Program Director of South Jersey Storm Cheerleading. Jenna is committed to providing a positive environment for athletes by giving them all the resources needed to excel – both athletically and in their personal lives.
- Gretchen Acheson – Cheer Coach and Billing Consultant
- Matthew Adams – Cheer Coach and Tumble Director
- Jamie Angelillo – Cheer Coach and Director of Communications
- Christin Miller – Cheer Coach
- Shelly Nolan – Cheer Coach and Tumble Instructor
- Siani Jordan – Cheer Coach
- Elizabeth Castagna – Cheer Coach
- Mike Maiorano – Tumble Instructor
- Kelly Maiorano – Cheer Coach
- Nikko Serrano – Cheer Coach and Tumble Instructor
- Juba Ra Akbar – Tumble Instructor
- Shelly Nolan – Coach, Special Athletes
- Celeah Allen – Dance Program Director