Meet Caleah Allen, new SJS Dance Manager and Lead Dance Instructor!
- Caleah Allen first began her dance and cheer training at the age of six. She followed her passion through to adulthood. She served as captain for the Fall Cheerleading team and Winter Dance team her junior and senior year at Williamstown High School. During her time there, she went on to win various accolades including Most Valuable Cheerleader, Most Valuable Dancer, and Athlete of the Year.
- Caleah’s passion for dance led her to pursue a higher degree by attending the University of the Arts, on a scholarship. Caleah’s propensity for leadership assisted her in achieving a role as a member and acting secretary of the University of the Arts Hip Hop Club, Artist Making Movement (AMMO), where the group performed at many venues and competitions in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- As a student at the University of the Arts, Caleah had the opportunity to study under several renowned artists and companies, such as: Kyle and Dinita Clark, Virgil Godson, Gary Jeter, Anthony Burrell, Shen Wei Dance Company, Hope Boykin, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Pennsylvania Ballet, Roni Koresh, Darrell Moultrie, Kevin Wynn, Sidra Bell, and Rennie Harris, just to name a few.
- During her time as an undergraduate student, Caleah began choreographing while addressing social issues and inequality presented within today’s society through her pieces. While at University, Caleah had the opportunity to present her work on “So You Think You Can Dance” contestants and company members of Ballet X, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Eleone Dance Thetre, and Philadanco.
- Caleah also rediscovered her love for writing, which inspired her to pursue her Creative Writing minor.
Please welcome Caleah – she is extremely excited to be a part of the Storm Athletics family, and eager to enthuse, motivate, and grow with her students, just as she had the opportunity to do during her very own education.
NEW FOR THE UPCOMING 2017-2018 COMPETITIVE DANCE SEASON
Hip Hop teams ages 15 and under (classes as well).*
*Reduced Rates for the upcoming season, as well as new and exciting performance locations!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the gym today to learn more about the competitive dance team or dance classes offered for the 2017-2018 season (firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-401-8111).